Sample Text

Powered by Blogger.
 

Sunday 10 March 2013

Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo

18. Jean-Eric Vergne
Source: Telegraph

22 year-old Vergne was Torro Rossos' top placed driver last year earning the team 16 points.

The 2010 British Formula Three Champion is a product of the RedBull young drivers' programme and showed maturity in his rookie season in F1.

The Frenchman believes this years car is already performing 'better' than he expected, he said:

"We have made progress throughout the four days and in terms of pure mechanical understanding of the car, we've made a significant step forward compared to last year and, we got through all our planned work programme." 

"I am much more confident about the new car than I was before the test and it gives me a good feeling from behind the wheel."


19. Daniel Ricciardo
Source: Formula1.com

A brilliant start to the 2012 season saw Australian, Ricciardo score a points finish at the opening Australian Grand Prix.

However, with expectations high, the STR07 faltered throughout the remainder of the campaign. 22 year-old Ricciardo mixed it with other teams who were in stronger cars and was retained by Toro Rosso for the 2013 season.

Looking to develop in his second full season Ricciardo said:


"I never want to come across as cocky or big-headed, but in your first full season in Formula One you are just as happy to be there and to have arrived in Formula One, but as soon as you get used to the environment it's not enough [anymore]."
"So coming into the season this year it's not enough to just be here and be racing, I want to be here for a purpose and make something good happen.
"That competitiveness is going to keep growing and I guess we'll see more of it this year. But I'll try to contain it so I don't come across like a d*** or something!"
He added: "I'm still very happy to be in Formula One, but it's not enough now. I want to get as much as I can out of it, so the confidence I have now is higher and for those reasons I really believe I can make the results and I put a lot of pressure on myself to do that. If I'm just racing but not doing anything spectacular it's not enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The DRS zone F1 © 2011 DheTemplate.com & Main Blogger. Supported by Makeityourring Diamond Engagement Rings

The DRS Zone F1 created by Ben Kelbrick