Sample Text

Powered by Blogger.
 

Saturday 9 March 2013

Kimi Räikkönen and Romain Grosjean

7.  Kimi Räikkönen
Source: Krspace

The laid-back Finn was back to his best in his return to the grid last year.

Following two unsuccessful years in the WRC, Räikkönen returned with a hunger that earned him the 2007 Driver' World Championship.

The 33 year-old produced consistent performances throughout the season including some humorous moments.

The Lotus driver remarkably snapped at his race engineer in the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix:

"Leave me alone, I know what to do"

The message was heard over team radio, Räikkönen went on to win the race in what was Lotus' only win of the year. He went on to say:

"I'm not so stupid that i cannot remember what I'm doing."

He finished an impressive 3rd overall in the Drivers' Championship last and is looking to improve on that this year.


"Hopefully we can be up there but we have no idea really," he said. "We have no idea what others are doing."

"It's early days - so far it's been OK but we still have a lot of work to do."

"I am sure we will have a hard year trying to develop but that's normal in Formula 1."



8. Romain Grosjean

Source: BBC

2011 GP2 and GP2 Asia Series Champion Romain Grosjean, experienced a difficult rookie year in Formula One.

The Frenchman was involved in 7 first lap incidents in the first 12 races. As a result of a four car pile-up on the opening lap at Spa, in which Hamilton, Alonso and Perez were wiped out the stewards opted to hand him a one race ban.

Grosjean recovered well towards the end of the season, often qualifying well but his opening lap temperament was under the scrutiny of the whole paddock.

Now, embarking on his second season at Lotus F1 the 26 year-old feels he has learned from his mistakes:

"It was both and exciting and interesting season with some highs and lows. I understood a lot of things last year and I hope to be able to put them together this year.

"I'm ready for the season and looking forward to it. I'll do my best and try not to get into trouble, my mistakes have made me stronger."














No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The DRS zone F1 © 2011 DheTemplate.com & Main Blogger. Supported by Makeityourring Diamond Engagement Rings

The DRS Zone F1 created by Ben Kelbrick